Before School Program begins at 7:00 am. Students may be dropped-off as early as 7:00 am for school at no cost. Please do not drop your student off prior to 7:00, as there will be no one available to supervise prior to 7:00 am.
The After School Program (ASP) runs from 2:45 – 6:00 pm. It gives students a safe environment where they may complete homework, play creatively, and develop positive social interactions with peers. School is dismissed at 2:25 pm. All students not picked up by 2:45 pm will be automatically placed in the ASP. There is no need to call ahead to request this service. Fees are billed through the FACTS tuition account for each student.
The cost of the After School Program is $1.00 per 15 minutes per student; after 6:00 PM, the program costs $2 per minute. Fees for the ASP are billed through each student’s FACTS tuition account. This FACTS account will be charged monthly based on the usage recorded the previous month. There are discounted payment options for those students who regularly attend the ASP. You will receive an email with these options at the beginning of the school year. Families who have prepaid tuition and do not have a FACTS account may choose to prepay for After School Program or will be billed monthly by email for any charged incurred.
Discounted prepayment plans are available at the beginning of each school year. Please contact Amy McCutcheon for details if you are interested.
* Families who have prepaid tuition and do not have a FACTS account still need to fill out this form but may choose to prepay for After School Program or will be billed weekly by email for any charged incurred.
2:45 – 3:00 pm | Check In.
3:00 – 3:30 pm | Free Play/Enrichment Activity.
3:30 – 4:15 pm | Homework (Snack at 4:00)
4:15 – 5:00 pm | Daily Activity (Bible, Craft, Game, Science, Sport)
5:00 – 6:00 pm | Free Play or Computer Lab (Monday and Wednesday) to work on homework or play educational games.
We provide a small snack after school for your student at 4:00 pm.
This time will be treated as a “Study Hall.” We want to provide a peaceful environment for students to do their homework. Students are required to bring a book to read, in the case that they have completed their homework before 4:15. Students arriving from other school activities after 3:30 PM will be asked to work on homework or read a book. An ASC teacher will be available to offer assistance as needed with homework; however, it is the parent’s responsibility to check their child’s work for completion at home each night.
Each week, ASP will offer an alternative option for students during the “Free Play” portion of the day. The schedule is listed below:
- Tuesday: Specialized Sport Skills and Drills (Changes each month)
- Wednesday: Lego Club
- Thursday: Game Room (Board Games, Card Games, Video Games)
The After School Program is open on all minimum days (early dismissal) and will run from 11:45 AM – 6:00 PM.
No School Days
RYP is open for some no school days (NSD). Students must be signed up in advance to attend a No School Day. However a NSD may require a minimum number of students to facilitate the NSD and are subject to cancellation.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DO THE STUDENTS DO IN THE PROGRAM?
- Students participate in a variety of daily activities. They do indoor and outdoor activities in age appropriate groups including crafts, games, sports, science experiments, and much more!
CAN THE STUDENTS DO THEIR HOMEWORK?
- Yes! K–5th grade students have the opportunity to do their homework during our Homework time 3:30-4:15 daily. A staff member is available to assist the students.
DO THE STUDENTS HAVE A SNACK TIME?
- Yes! The ASP provides an afternoon snack for the children at 4:00pm. Your child is allowed to bring his/her own snack if they would like.
WHERE DO I PICK UP MY CHILD?
- Parents must sign their child out on a daily basis with the staff member in the Cafeteria (Computer Lab on days that we are in there). Only authorized persons will be allowed to sign a child out.
WHERE WILL MY CHILD PUT HIS/HER THINGS?
- Students will place their belongings in the Cafeteria.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT?
- Parents will be billed on their FACTS account
IS RYP OPEN DURING THE WINTER, SPRING, AND SUMMER BREAKS?
- RYP offers a variety of day camps during these school breaks. Pre-registration is required for all camps. For more information please visit our website at /academics/summer-program/